Sunday, July 5, 2015

Joe 2.0 and an Adventure in Aggregating Pages


         I must admit, I had never heard of an “aggregating page” before I read this week's assignment. YouTube and Twitter are both familiar to me, I just never thought of them as Web 2.0 teaching tools. Now I know differently about both of them, but my adventure into aggregating pages was an adventure to a place this man had never gone before. I did manage to figure out how to sign up and create a public page using protopage and netvibes. Start your own aggregating adventure by clicking on either link!
         I now use a protopage as my start page when I open Google Chrome to browse the Internet. I used to have Chrome open two or three of my web pages at start up, but that proved to be a very slow boot process because it was opening three tabs every time. Now with my protopage I get so much more information on my home page, links to my pages, my favorite bloggers, news feeds, weather and just about anything I can think of, or would want to learn about can be right at my fingertips when I open my browser!
         I personally found protopage a bit more user friendly than netvibes, but that may just be me. I can see how either application would be a great organizational tool for students, teachers, and other superheroes and it might even be a fun tool for average every day mortals! Check out both my pages here:
See ya in class,

Joe

1 comment:

  1. Joe, you aren't alone. I found protopage easier to use too. I like the preset widgets with the ability to edit rather than the blank canvas. This is very user friendly, especially when it's your first time to create this type of page.

    ReplyDelete