Sunday, June 28, 2015

Joe 2.0 and the YouTube Adventure


         I would not call myself a YouTube expert, but I posted my first video four years ago and I have been following the YouTube pages of my favorite artists, authors, teachers and celebrities ever since. YouTube has become one of the first places I look for practical instruction, comparisons, and music videos. This week I have been searching YouTube for insights about Twitter, Twitter tools, Wiki’s and ways to use YouTube in the classroom. One thing I learned this week is that there are more Twitter tools than you can shake a stick at! I have been stumbling around Hootsuite, Zite and Everypost, and quizzing every, real, live, person that I know what they use with Twitter, if they Twitter at all.
         I discovered something these past couple of weeks. I am old. The best information I am gleaning from my friends is coming from my friend’s kids, or from the techie teachers that I know. Very few of my contemporaries spend my time in the Twitter-verse, or using many of the apps I have been learning about in class. I asked a contemporary to share with me her Instagram information and was told, “Instagram is for kids!” Well, someone told me a long time ago, “Wanna stay young? Work with kids. Wanna die young? Try and keep up with them!” The team members in my work group are all young enough to be my kids, and this week I learned so much from all of them.
         I started a new YouTube channel for this class and began creating a new playlist of my favorite Teacher Notes; I hope ya’ll enjoy some of my all time favorite videos and the new favorites I am discovering in the world of teaching and technology.
See ya in class,

Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment